Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sister and Baby

For any of you that know my sister Allie I just wanted to do a quick update on what is new with her and her baby. She is about 26 weeks along in her pregnancy and last week she was put on bed rest for high blood pressure. Monday she had to go back to the doctor for some results to see if she could go back to work. When she got to the doctor's on Monday immediately after the doctor saw the results he sent her to the hospital for extreme toxemia. They were hoping to wait at least 10 days before they had to take the baby out for both of their health. However after running a few more tests they realized they needed to get the baby out sooner. So yesterday they did a C-section and got the baby out. As of right now they are both doing okay. Her baby boy weighed 1lb. 11 oz. He is in NICU. So if you could all just keep them in your prayers it would be very much appreciated.

9 comments:

Jen said...

I will keep your sister and her baby in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Jamie said...

Oh my heck how SCARY! I don't know your sister but I will definately keep her in my prayers.

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

oh amanda, that is so scary. let allie know we are all thinking of her and that we will definitely keep her in our prayers. please keep us posted.

Jenny said...

Oh Amanda, that is so scary. Please tell Allie and Jared and baby we are praying for them. and you too. We love you all and keep us posted.

The Stone's said...

Oh Manda, if there's anything else we can do let us know! May I reccommend looking at my friends Ashley and John's blog. Their little Addie was 1lb. something and you should see her now! Miracles happen everyday!

The Meredith's said...

Oh my gosh, that is what happened to my sister in law megan. I will keep them in my prayers

Jenny said...

How is baby and do you have any pictures?

Jenny said...

It's OK, I just went to her sight and saw little Zachary. He is so darling and so tiny. We are praying! We love you all.

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh...Amanda this is terrible. I can't imagine!!! We will keep both of them in our thoughts. Please keep us posted on her and baby's progress. Sooooo scarrryyyyy. If you ever want to see little baby Darrell Doan, these are the things that FREEK ME OUT !!!!!!!!! Ug, someday I am going to have the bite the bullet or just pull the covers over my head and live as two- I hope they are ok??!!!!!!! So scarry.