Saturday, January 9, 2010

Really?!?!?!?

The reason for this post is so that when I am having a bad day in the future I can look back and realize that maybe it's not so bad after all. My day on Thursday consisted of this:
Thursday morning I received an email from our mortgage lender basically telling me that the bank had a change of plans and they were pulling out of the deal on our house that we were supposed to close on in a weeks time or less. To say that I was shocked and absolutely devastated is an understatement. To put this into perspective a little bit, we have been working on this since the beginning of October. We moved in with my mom and at the beginning of December, Josh had to go to St. George for work. So we have not been together since the beginning of December. I had put so many hours into the paperwork and documents we needed to send to them only to find out we are not getting the house after all?!?!
I put myself together enough to realize that we needed a Plan B and quickly. So without a lot of thought I put together a bag for Talon and I and we headed down to St. George. We had a pleasant drive......until I was getting ready to turn into the parking lot of my destination. I was in the left hand turn lane and was waiting for traffic to clear when I was suddenly hit by another car from behind. That's right!! A car accident. Luckily everybody was fine but it was enough to make it so both cars were not drivable. When I finally got done with the police reports and such I wanted to do nothing but go back to the hotel and have a little dinner and go to bed.

This was the car of the girl that hit me.
This is the back of the Jeep. You can't see it very well but the gas tank and the tow hitch was all just hanging down practically ready to fall off.

I sent Josh out to get me some tacos and he comes back with the WRONG ones. It was the cherry on top of my day. I even ventured back out to try to get the right ones and came back and they were still wrong. This is about the point I was done trying. Now the taco thing really not a big deal but I thought I would throw it in just to really prove that my day was not meant to be a good one. So that was my horrible awful day!

On a bit of a better note we did find a place to rent down there and we should be able to move in next week sometime. So we will be back together but not in the house we have been dreaming about. I do know that everything happens for a reason and I am grateful that we are being watched out for. There were a lot of things that went wrong that day but there were still many things to be grateful for. The main one for me was that Talon was not hurt in the car accident. So now at this point we live and we learn. Can't wait to share our new place and our new adventures with you!

7 comments:

Brytani said...

OH AMANDA. What a day! And I totally understand the tacos thing, because when everything is huge, like a car accident and your dream house getting snatched away from you, you can remind yourself to stay calm. But then all the sudden you are crying over tacos and feel like such an idiot but its those little ones that ALWAYS send me over the edge! I am glad you found a house to rent, and if there is nothing else I've learned recently, its that the Lord watches out for us and understands things (sometimes years in advance) that we just don't. Aren't blogs great, so you can just vent to the world?

Jordan & Rhonda said...

Amanda!! I am so sorry for your terrible horrible no good very bad day:( I'm glad you all are okay though. So sorry about the house I know I would break down and cry. There is some place better for you guys out there.

Hall Family said...

WOW!! It sounds like your year is on a great start. I love days like that though, one thing after another. I can't wait to see your new place. I'm not excited about seeing you move **TEAR**

The Stone's said...

Oh Amanda! How horrible! I can't believe that about your house! Can they really do that? How annoying, to say the least! But like you said, everything happens for a reason! I bet you'll end up in an even better house now! Love you!

Allie and Fam said...

Yet another example to me on having a positive attitude! You are amazing, and I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of this... Heck, when you were laughing, I was crying!! I'm so glad you and Talong were safe too. Whoosh!

becky said...

You are just amazing and i'm sorry again for such a crappy day. i'm glad you guys were okay and found a place to stay! when you guys move i'll be there to help :) love you!

Heather said...

Ok so you are amazing to have handled a day like that! Really I don't even know what to say, besides how awful! I am glad that you are moving to st. george! I'm here to help so just give me a call. Moving is tough with a little guy and I would love to babysit:) I am serious so you better call. Love you and I hope all things are up from here!