Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Missouri Trip

Whew!! We are back! What an adventure we had. I will just start from the beginning. Sorry if you get bored reading this. We left on Sunday the 31st of August and drove about 12 hours and stopped in a place called Grand Island, Nebraska. Our hotel was AWFUL!! We walked in the room and immediately saw a spider crawling down the wall. We were so exhausted we just decided to sleep and leave ASAP. I didn't even dare walk on the carpets without my shoes. So needless to say we left pretty early the next morning and finished our 4 1/2 hour drive to Missouri. We got there and all of Josh's family were helping fix up an old building they bought to start a quilting business. So our Monday was spent helping with that. We tore down old wallpaper, the guys built a wall and the kids had a great time building their own little fort area.
The next few days kind of blend together a little bit for me. We spent time hanging out with the family and Josh spent some time working on the Lemon Fresh business with his brother. Josh and I took a day and went and visited a Psychiatric Museum and went shopping. That was a lot of fun. The museum was so fascinating to me and yet it was so creepy too. Last Saturday the whole family got together and had a BBQ at a skate park to help promote Lemon Fresh. We had a great time and it was so much fun for me to see Josh skate. After that the girls left the kids with the boys and we took off shopping for the afternoon. Gotta love girl time!!
Monday morning came WAY too fast and it was time for us to leave again. This time we stopped in Laramie, Wyoming and the hotel wasn't as bad as the first night we left but it still wasn't great. It is great to be home now and sleeping in our own beds again. Thanks so much to everyone who let us stay with them and for feeding us. We had so much fun and can't wait to come out again. Sorry for the lack of pictures. I was just having way too much fun.



Kind of a gross picture but hilarious!! I came out to find Josh and his brother Alan playing nintendo like this. Nothing like brothery love!!
Josh loves his nieces and nephews. He was even playing Barbies with Ella for her birthday.
These next pictures were at the skate park BBQ. Isn't my husband so handsome?

Proof that I was there. It rained almost everyday we were there. I loved it!! I sure wish we could get some more rain out here in Utah!!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I love your post and miss you guys already! The pictures are wonderful and yes ...disturbing! But you've gotta love those boys!

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

}}shudders{{ that picture is quite freaky....it is good that they love each other, but you know...(tmi) anyway, we LOVED having you here,and can't stand it that you love so far away!! we are now planning your next visit with hopes it won't be so wrapped up in work! :) love you two!

Natalie said...

We had so much fun with you two and can't wait till we get to be together again...I think I need to go check out that "crazy" museum but, I don't want to go alone!!! we Love you both so much and I am glad that you had fun!!!

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh how fun! I love those pictures! Your husband and his brother playing nintendo are hilarious! And Will and I are coming up to Salt Lake this weekend so I just might be able to stop by and say hi for a minute! I would love to get directions to your house, but I don't think I have your phone number. I had it at one time and then got a new phone, so... Yeah, that explains it! If you don't want to give it to me on here just email me your number childnicole@hotmail.com and I'll give ya a call! Thanks so much for remembering me way down here in Cedar City! Talk to ya soon!

Al said...

that picture was never intended for general consumption.... :D

Allie and Fam said...

You have a husband that is so fun to take pictures of!!! He is so funny! I am so glad you are back in Utah though... we missed you guys!

Unknown said...

Oh my...that picture is disturbing. We miss you guys so much already. Hopefully we can get all of us out there to visit you soon, if not... I'll definitely stop in for a bit! Hope everything is good back in the UT. Love you guys!

Stephanie said...

Ahhhh...Al??? TMI bud, TMI. Glad you had such a great time. The weather sounded like a bummer all around but more reason to hang and talk with everyone anyway. Loved all your pixs.