Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Weekend Recap

This past weekend we were pretty busy. Friday night my sister won some tickets for us on the radio to go to the Demolition Derby at the Fair. I had never been to a Demolition Derby before and I had such a great time. It's just like bumper cars in real life.
Then on Saturday my family went to Lava Hot Springs for the day. A lot of us had not been there before so we had a great time. We went to the natural hot springs, then to their big pool, then after that it was tubing down the river for us. That was my favorite part. Unfortunately, I did not get pictures of this part because I was too busy tubing. There has been talk of making this a yearly thing from now on.





I had to get the customary car picture on the way to Lava Hot Springs.
Cute little Marli just anxious to get into the water.
This was our group of girls that were there, aren't we so stunning??
Josh cannot take a "normal" picture to save his life. I sure love him and his HAIRY chest!!!
Then just before heading home, we stopped at a place called Fat Jack's for delicious burgers and fries.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh man SO FUN! I love love love Lava! And demolition derbys! I just love summer! Ü

The Harding Hive said...

My family does Lava every couple of years...fun place! I think the tubing down the river is my favorite part. Cute pics.

Amanda said...

Hot springs are the best. I am jealous. i wish we still had some close to us!

Missouri Star Quilt Co said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! When did Josh stop shaving his chest?...don't you loves Moms!

Stephanie said...

My goodness, you know how to pack it in. I've never been to a Derby myself but I would imagine you'd feel pretty much like a country bumkin after an evening of such festivities. Sounds like a blast.