Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving and our Busy Weekend

It is so nice to finally have a minute to sit down and not do anything!! We have been extremely busy. Our Thanksgiving was great! Josh went and played a game of football with guys in the ward while I got ready to go to my grandparents house for our Thanksgiving meal. When he got home he got ready and we headed over there. It was such a good meal and always great to spend a holiday with family. After the turkey I was ready for a nap so we came home and rested a little bit before we went to my mom's house to plan out our shopping adventures for Black Friday. After that we just went straight to bed because before I knew it I would be up again to shop!!

These are just some pictures from Thanksgiving at my grandparents house.




Next came the Black Friday shopping. I went with two of my sisters (we were missing one, who had to be at home with her children) and my mom. We got up about 3 and headed out to Kohl's and Sears and Target. It was raining and wet and a little cold. But that didn't stop us from doing some crazy good shopping. We got everything we went out for and did it with plenty of time to spare! I met up with Josh later and came home and slept for about 2 hours before Josh and I went out shopping again. We were out for almost the rest of the day before we came home and put in Home Alone 2 and wrapped presents.




Saturday after a day at work we decided to put up our Christmas decorations. That was a lot of fun and it looks great if I do say so myself. In the second picture below you can even see how my baby bump is coming along. It's definitely there. Then last but not least, yesterday night we went over to my oldest sister's house to celebrate her birthday and to have another Thanksgiving meal of sorts. It was such a nice time!! I have a feeling this is how my whole month is going to be, but I love it! It will help pass some more time before our baby is here!
Sorry for such a long post this time.



















12 comments:

Allie and Fam said...

Fun weekend! I love your tree and especially the manger scene at the bottom!!! Can't go without that!

Unknown said...

Amanda!! You are sooo stinkin adorable! Look at your belly! Oh geez. It looks like your weekend went just like ours! Love you guys.

Brandon and Julie said...

such a cute tree, and i love black friday, but didn't go this year. you look super cute with your growing belly.

Brytani said...

I decided that I love your grandpa! Looks like you had a good weekend (food is always good when you're preggo) You are looking cute with your baby bump, big surprise there ;)

Jen said...

You are beautiful - love that belly! The tree & stockings look awesome next to your green wall.

The Stone's said...

You are the cutest pregnant woman I have ever seen!!! Love it! And I love your tree! I too love Black Friday... however since I'm the size of a cow I sent my mother in law to do most of it for me this year! You're the cutest!

Amanda said...

Look at your cute baby bump!! I love your green wall by the way!!

Jamie said...

Love the baby bump, love the Christmas tree and I love your green wall! You really do look great! Anyway, I love black friday. We set out a little late this year (only 5 am!) so we didn't get everything we wanted but we still got lots of great stuff!

becky said...

well looks like i'm not the first to say so, but i really like your tree and the whole decor. . . it just works! i can't wait to see it for reals. Thanks for the fun and eventful weekend! Love your growing guts! ;)

Stephanie said...

ahhhhhh you do have a bump! Congrats. You look great! I can't believe you were one of those crazy people that shopped on Black Friday. AND YOU HAVE THEM WRAPPED ALREADY. I haven't bought one thing yet! Sounds like you had a great time with the fam.

The Harding Hive said...

You are such a trooper to go shopping all day while you are pregnant. You are a lot tougher than me. Your tree is so cute!

Hillary Sperry said...

OK I know I've read these last couple posts before but never commented... I love all the pictures! I love your tree and you are absolutely adorable. I'm so glad you guys are having fun together and I loved your gratitude post too!