Monday, October 13, 2008

Baptism

On Saturday my husband had the opportunity to be baptized!! It was truly an amazing experience for him and all of us. When we got to the church to set up and get ready we walked in to find that the bishop had overflowed the font and the water was coming out into the hallway. So our first half hour or so was spent trying to mop up all the water and luckily reinforcment showed up with vacuums. After which we had the baptism and program which was wonderful, you could feel the spirit so strong!!
I just want to let my husband know that I am so proud of him!! He has come so far and is a wonderful example. Some of his family drove overnight to come be a part in all this and that meant so much to us. We know that more of his family would of liked to have been there but we understand and still felt your love and spirit there with us. My family also played a huge part in making it a great night!! So thank you to everyone that helped make all this possible. We love you!! We can't wait for what is to come next in our lives.







13 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

It was a wonderful to be there and be a part of this special day. Thank you for having us there. We miss you already!!

Nelson Family said...

Congrats Josh!! I know you have been working hard for this day! I am so happy for the both of you and wish you both the best of luck!!

Allie and Fam said...

Congrats again to Josh!! We are so happy for you both. You guys have come so far. We just love you!!!

Natalie said...

Josh we are so proud of you! We wish so much that we could have made it out but, you were in our thoughts and prayers for sure! we love you both! Congrats!!

Jamie said...

Wow! Go Josh! That's exiting! I love the church and it's so nice to have a new member. . . ;)

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you Josh! You guys rock and I wish I could have come out with Jake! I'm just so happy for you guys... I'll see you at the temple!! :O)

Heather said...

I am so happy for you both! What a special time. Congratulations! Happy Days! Amanda you look beautiful as always. Love you!

Jenny said...

This truly was an amazing day. We are so proud of both of you. This is the beginning of your forever! I can't believe how much Josh's appearance changed. The atonement is such a blessing and it was evident in his face and countenance. Thanks for letting us stay and to Amanda's family for the great dinner and for loving our boy!

The Harding Hive said...

Congratulations Josh! You two are so cute!

Amanda said...

Aww way to go Josh! I love your guts and you are a amazing example! Congratulations!

becky said...

I just love you both! congrats again to Josh! thanks for letting me be part of it too

Jordan & Rhonda said...

That is so neat for you guys. I really had no idea that he wasn't baptized. Wow, where have i been? :)

REYNOLDS FAMILY said...

That is such a neat experience..congrats Josh and what a great way to start your little family!!